Friday 17 August 2007

Postcard from Utopia?

The Reality of Running a Second Life Business by Josephina Bonetto

Club Josephina opened for business on Saturday 21 July 2007 at 11am SLT. Now that I am nearing the end of my first month of trading, I am writing this blog entry to provide an insight into my experience so far.

One choice I made in starting my own business was to buy mainland with no covenant. The negative side to this is there is less prim space. I purchased my first 512 sq.m parcel of land in Gula from my sign up bonus, weekly stipends, and camping proceeds for $L5, 500. I now own 2,048 sq.m in Gula, 512 sq.m in Zoshchenko and 2,048 sq.m in Salliohsis.

On average, since I opened, Club Josephina has hosted three events a week with mixed results but the club is open 24/7. Non cash prizes given away at events have included a Skybox and a Sexgen Bed.

Club Josephina Statistics:
* Group Membership 234.
* Club Managers = 2.
* Fired employees = 3.
* Dance Machines = 2.
* Total Votes Received To Date = 49.
* Total Unique Visitors To Date = 902.
* Total Unique Visitors On Opening Night = 53.
* Total Banned Residents (Griefers) = 5.
* Total Vending Spaces (Mini Mall) = 7.
* Largest Tip = $L500.
* Largest Donation = $L500.
* Total Cost of Lost/Missing/Damages Items To Date = $L5, 600.
* Total Relevant SIM Crashes = 3.

How Club Josephina Generates Income:
* 20% of all tips.
* Donations.
* Sales of my own clothing and artwork.
* Rental of vending spaces in the Mini Mall on the Upper Floor for $L100 per week for 20 prims.

Examples of Club Josephina Costs:
* Land Tier Fee for Club and Garden alone is $15USD per month.
* The original nightclub purchase cost $L2, 500, the rebuild cost nothing.
* Modifiable and copiable tip jars cost $L1, 000 to purchase.
* Modifiable and copiable dance poles cost $L3, 000 to purchase (they can be configured for camping).
* My now redundant Sploder cost $L399 to purchase.
* Advertising for the Club is currently $L50 per week. On off Search entry fee of $L30.
* Group set up costs a one time fee of $L100.
* Three contests per week with $L100 cash prize = $L300.

Have I made any money? Income for period 21/07/07 – 16/08/07:
* Tips/Gifts/Donations/Sales for Club Josephina = $L4, 234.
* Camping Income = $L4, 023.

Club Josephina Contact Details:
* http://slurl.com/secondlife/Gula/73/244/114
* http://secondlife-clubjosephina.moonfruit.com/
* http://secondlifeclubjosephina.blogspot.com/
* Join Group “Club Josephina” (no joining fee).
* IM Josephina Bonetto for TP/LM/Info.

Related Groups:
* Josephina Bonetto Holdings
* Postcard From Utopia

No comments: